Becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister is designed to build a match based on shared interests, personality and your volunteer preferences.
Steps to Become a Big
Here are the quick and easy steps we'll walk you through:
- Inquire. Call today to speak with a Case Manager at Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Pee Dee: Pee Dee Office 843-662-7081
- Apply. You will meet with the Case Manager and receive a volunteer packet in the mail to complete.
- Interview. A Case Manager will interview you in person.
- Background Check. Child safety is our top priority, so we'll review your records to ensure you'll be a good fit for our program.
- References. You'll need to provide at least three references of people we can talk to about your ability to be a mentor.
- Matching. We will review the kids in your area who need a Big Brother or Big Sister and find the best fit for you. Depending on your gender and the kind of child you'd like to work with, matching may go very quickly or take some time. Making the right match is important to our commitment to form lasting relationships.
Spending Time with Your Little
Once matched, Big Brothers and Big Sisters develop friendships with their Little Brothers and Little Sisters. Whether playing a computer game or simply hanging out - you bring magic into the life of a child. It's that simple.
Community-based matches are flexible and will fit your busy schedule. Bigs and Littles hang out in the community and go to museums, sports events, movies, and more. It's up to you and your Little!
We'll Support Your Friendship
When you're part of something Big, you're not alone. Each match is supported by professional staff at your local Big Brothers Big Sisters agency. Case Managers regularly check in with volunteers, children, and parents, and are always available to answer questions.